- Arenas are expected to open on Friday (Oct 4)
- Members have voted to postpone the board elections to the November meeting. A new election committee is in place and will be announced via email blast.
- Check the calendar for a number of fun October and November events that are coming up. They offer opportunities to volunteer.
- Horsetails are out, find them here.
- General Meeting is tonight:
Please join us for the monthly meeting of the General Membership. Get 2 hours of Work Hour Credit just for showing up! Be sure to register your attendance after the meeting.
NOMINATION AND ELECTION INFORMATION
It is time to nominate and vote for the 2019-2020 PVRA Board. The board apologizes that a slate has not been compiled and presented prior to todays (October 1st) scheduled voting meeting we will go forward, taking nominations from the floor at the meeting unless the membership (by 2/3 majority vote would like to postpone the voting until the November meeting we will vote at the beginning of the meeting
The available positions are:
1 yr Board Member
2 yr Board Member
General description can be found in the PVRA By-Laws, published on the pvra.com website, under the membership process tab. If you are running for a position, please come to the meeting prepared to tell the membership a little about yourself and why you would like to serve in the position. Voting will be conducted by secret ballot. Please come and vote for your new board members even if you are not running for a board position. Ballots will be distributed to paid members in good standing and voting will occur according to the specific procedures outlined in the PVRA By-Laws. If you are not running for a position, but would like to help as an auditor to collect and count the ballots, please let Pippa know At the beginning of the meeting. Please consider running for a board position to keep the club running smoothly into 2020. We look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday!
- Work Parties and opportunities to collect work hours: Dressage show setup on Saturday 10 am (Sept 7). Dressage show on Sunday (Sept 8) needs stewards, runners and scorer am or pm - contact Janice Kall – 858-243-1953 firstname.lastname@example.org. Work party for Rodeo on Sat 21st - contact Nancy <email@example.com>.
- This Saturday Polo holds its BBQ
- Santa will probably come on Nov 2nd.
- October General Meeting will be held in Old Poway Park - Porter House
- PVRA Board of Directors Election is coming up on October. If anyone would like to be a part of the process and be on the nomination committee, please contact Rhonda at President@pvra.com.
We would love to have you be a part of it! Please let us know!
- This Sunday is the sold out Working Equitation Show. Volunteers are needed for Saturday at 11 am for setup andfor Sunday throughout the day. These shows are fun to watch and family friendly. Get your work hours. For volunteer slots on Sunday contact Janice Kall – 858-243-1953 firstname.lastname@example.org.